8.) Jannat -ul- Baqi
It is the holiest graveyard Islam and it means “GARDEN OF HEAVEN”. Many of the Prophets relatives are buried in this cemetery. Some of the noble personalities buried here are:
- Grave of Sayyida Fatima (A.S). Daughter of the Prophet (P.B.U.H) and wife of Imam Ali (A.S). Location of her grave is unknown. According to some historians she was buried in her own room (now inside Masjid Nabawi) next to the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)’s darih
- Graves of Imam Hassan (2nd Imam), Imam Zaynul Abidin (4th Imam), Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (5th Imam), and Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (6th Imam), peace be upon them
- Grave of Abbas bin Abdul Muttalib (R.A): Uncle of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) and Imam Ali (A.S)
- Grave of Fatima bint. Asad (A.S): Mother of Imam Ali (A.S)
- Grave of Ja’far al-Tayyar (A.S) – brother of Imam Ali, (A.S)
- Graves of Safiya and Aatika (R.A): Aunts of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
- Grave of Ummul Baneen (A.S): Wife of Imam Ali (A.S) and mother of Hadrat Abbas (A.S) – Safiya, Aatika & Ummul Baneen)
- Grave of Ibrahim (A.S): son of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
- Grave of Haleema (R.A): Nursing mother of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
- Graves of the Holy Prophet’s (P.B.U.H) wives (ummahat al-mu’minin)
- Graves of various companions (as-haab) of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
It is the First mosque of Islam. The Prophet (P.B.U.H) spent more than 20 nights here (after migrating) praying qasr while waiting for Imam Ali (A.S). It is mentioned in the Qur’an as the mosque founded on piety and devoutness.
10) Masjid Fadhikh
It is situated in the eastern part of Masjid Quba. It is named after a palm tree that used to be at the place. It is also called Masjid Nakhl. Here is where the sun was brought back for Hazrat Ali (A.S) to offer his Asar prayers which he missed because the Prophet (P.B.U.H) was sleeping on his laps.
11) Masjid Qiblatayn
This is the mosque where during prayers the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) was ordered by Allah to change the Qibla from Masjid-e-Aksa of Jerusalem to the Kaaba in Makkah.
12) Battleground of Badr
Located between Makkah and madinah. Here at the battle ground of Badr 14 of the companions of the Holy Prophet were martyred in the battle of Badr. The mosque here is the Masjid-Arish where the Prophet (P.B.U.H) prayed during the battle.
13) Battleground of Uhad
Also known as the battle of trench it took place four miles north of Madinah at Uhad. In this battle many Muslims were martyred and even the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) was injured. Hazrat Hamza (A.S) the uncle of Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) was one of the martyrs of Uhad and his grave is also in Uhad
14) Mount Arafat
This is the place where our beloved Prophet (P.B.U.H) stood to give his Farewell Sermon. Hazrat Adam (A.S) and Hazrat Hawa (A.S) were reunited at Arafat after they were sent down on earth from heaven. This place is also known as Mount of Mercy.