1) Jannat AL-MAULLAH (Cemetery in Makkah)
It is the second holiest graveyard after Baqi, Prophet (P.B.U.H)) used to visit it quiet often. Some of the most famous and historical figures of Islam are buried here at the Jannat AL-MAULLAH. Below is a list of some such noble personalities:
- Abd Manaf: Great, great-grandfather of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
- Grave of Hashim: Great-grandfather of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
- Grave of Abdul Muttalib: Grandfather of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
- Grave of Amina: Mother of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
- According to another source, Amina is buried in Abwa (between Makkah and Madinah) – where the 7th Imam (A.S) was born
- Grave of Abu Talib: Father of First Imam Ali (A.S)
- Grave of Khadija: First wife of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) and mother of Sayyida Fatima (A.S)
- Qasim: son of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) who died in his infancy
2) Jabal Al-Nur (Ghar-e-Hira)
With the Arabic meaning of Jabal Al-Nur as the “mountain of light”, it is situated near Mecca. The cave of Hira houses in this mountain and it is the place where the first revelation of the Holy Quran was revealed to the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) by the angel Jibrael. The Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) used to meditate here even before the first revelation.
3) Cave of Thaur
It the cave in which the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) and Hazrat Abu-Bakr (R.A) stayed while the Quraish were searching for them. The miracle of the cave’s opening being camouflaged by the spider’s web took place, the incident of the snakebite and one of the revelation of the Holy Quran also took place in the cave of Thaur. It is situated at a very long distance from Mecca but still pilgrims do visit it in small groups.
4) Birth Place of Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
Located near “Suq Lail”. Presently a library by the name of “Maktaba Makkah al-Mukarramah”. It is the place where the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) was born.
5) House of Hazrat Khadija (R.A)
This is the place where the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) lived before the time of migration. It is also the birth place of Hazrat Fatima (R.A), and the place where Hazrat Khadija (R.A) died. The incident of migration also recalls the event when the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) left Hazrat Ali (R.A) in his bed the night on which the Quraish planned to kill the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) was the very same house and furthermore Hazrat Jibrael (A.S) used to descend with revelations from Allah at this house.
This is the mosque where the Jins had converted to Islam after listening to the verses of the Holy Quran. This event is stated in the Holy Quran in Sura-e-jinn.
7) Masjid-e-Abu Qubais
This mosque is also known as Masjid-e-Bilal, the miracle when the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) split the moon in two halves took place here at mount Abu Qubais.